Friday, October 22, 2010

Hot 100 - Week 4

The OG

The Hot 100 Daddy

The Update
  1. I did not weigh in. Nope, not at all. I wasn't even tempted by the scale. I know I should probably do it just to keep track of my progress or lack thereof but I just haven't really cared about much in the past week or 3. I totally slacked out on pretty much everything this week...and last week...and the week before. Damn, I'm on a roll. Time to pull my big girl britches up and get back to work.
    1. Water - I tried harder to drink more water this week but I doubt it was enough.
    2. Work out - I'm sorry to say that I didn't get my 5 workouts in. Sad panda.
    3. Meal plan - Oh YA! Oh YA! I planned and I cooked and I ate the planned meals.
    4. Tracking - Not even a little.
    5. Sleep - Yes. Finally, I'm sleeping again. Hallelujah!
    6. Journal - Oh YA! Oh YA! I wrote every day.
    7. Food - For the most part, it was perfect since I followed my meal plan but I must confess that I had Bailey's in my coffee a couple mornings. Shhh..... :)
  2. Blogs - Um....Not even a little, incase you didn't notice. Here's the thing with the blog lately. I just don't care. Ok, that didn't come out right. I care about all of you that read and I really don't want to let you down but sitting down to write a blog is something that just hasn't been fun or interesting to me lately. I just don't care about the blog itself or the content right now. I don't think it's the blog's fault, I just think I haven't been caring about much lately. Why? I really don't know. I have suspicions but nothing concrete. I've actually been tossing around the idea of retiring the blog writing indefinitely. Originally, I started this blog with the intention of using it as my journal because I was finding it difficult to develop the habit of writing in an actual journal. Then I justified it even more with the added bonus of having a support network and people outside myself to be accountable to. Now, I'm writing in my journal every day and loving it by the way and I have the world's greatest Accountabilibuddy and I just don't really feel the need to have an audience anymore. Am I just trying to self-sabotage? I don't know. I don't think so but it is a thought that has entered my mind. A question that deserves being answered I think. Feedback?
  3. Book - Oh YA! Oh YA! I wrote on my little stack of note cards. Another idea that could be super awesome. A kid's book. Me? Write a kid's book? Um...weird but whatever.

Now for a little update on the belly dancing thing for the month. I'm very dissatisfied with the progress. The month is pretty much over and I have yet to get to a damn class. I've cheated you all and feel horrible about it. But because I really really do want to do belly dancing, I'm going to just wipe out the rest of the plans for this year and do belly dancing exclusively. The difficulty was that all the classes I could find were 6 or 8 week long sessions and I looked into them 1/2 way through a session so I missed everything. The one option I could find that would work turned out to be MIA. I went and it was not there. I don't know what happened. If it was a mirage or I just imagined seeing it online and paying for it or whatever but I have yet to find the damn place. So, I'll try again on Saturday morning and maybe it'll just appear. If not, I'm just going to sign up for one of those sessions I found and do it for the months of November and December. Then I'll do the martial arts and/or boxing after the first of the year. We shall see!



6 comments:

  1. Glad you're sleeping again. Getting a good nights sleep is important!

    Hey?! Smile!! : ) Have a HAPPY weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a blogging slump lately too!

    Good luck in reaching your goals next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the OH YAs mixed in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of the blogging, but only because it works for me. If you are no longer getting the benefit from it, and better yet, you are getting the benefit elsewhere, maybe a break is in order. I certainly don't like seeing anyone disappear, but I also understand priorities. The blog is a tool. When that tool is no longer the best tool, it might be time to consider why you are using it.

    BTW, pull your big girl britches and have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one will be selfish...I want you to keep writing BECAUSE you inspire me...Your Fitness Fear Friday and your living active has taken a long time to sink in but it is...GIRL...TODAY I am joining a gym! I want to swim....YOU helped me get back on a bicycle after 15 years...and YES I followed your lead...I named her...She became more than an exercise tool....I think you need to pull on your big girl britches AND SEE what SHARING your writing DOES! My *humble* opinion of course..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anything in your life has become a chore as opposed to something that you enjoy doing...stop! Take a break! Don't make blogging something that you dread...because goodness knows that life has enough of those, already!

    I've just found your blog through Hot 100, so I can't say that I've been an avid reader...but I will be, if you stick around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...