Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Balltap Danceskating

In preparing for this month of ballroom fun, I decided to turn to Hollywood for some much needed inspiration. On my netflix cue is a few of the many Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films.

Swing Time is about a gambling man who ditches his fiance to dance with Ginger. 

Um.....ROLLER SKATES! That's all I have to say about Shall We Dance. How can you not love it?


Only in the classics can you find song a dance numbers combined with crossing the line of doctor patient confidentiality.  


Mistaken identity? No problem. Let's dance anyway.


 We've all heard of or seen or watched without fail all the Dancing With the Stars seasons so we all pretty much know what ballroom dancing is. The big difference I see between what we get on the modern television show compared to the classic films in terms of dancing goes is that Fred and Ginger don't really seem to be ballroom dancing much at all. They do some strange and enticing mix of tap and ballroom with far more elegant costume.

I wanna know where the Fred and Ginger school of balltap dancing is and how I sign up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...