Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just Dance!

If you haven't yet heard of dance walking, I suggest you get learned quick like.



This video happened just a couple weeks ago and since then, the amazing Ben Aaron has discovered who the Nameless Dance Walk Guru Master is. His name is Joe. Joe is responsible for an international phenomenon and wasn't even aware of it. He was just minding his own business, dancing down the street because it makes him happy. Now people are dance walking all over the world. Over 19 million people have clicked this video. There are facebook pages popping up everywhere and dance walk videos galore posted on YouTube. Like this one:



They are dancing in the streets of Seattle, my home town. Ahhhh.... No, I don't know them.

Someone else decided to create a Dance Walk Seattle facebook page and organize the first ever group dance walk in Seattle to take place last Saturday, May 26th. Well, I attended but unfortunately, the person didn't show up and if anyone else was there to group dance walk, I didn't see them. Instead, two of my amazing friends and I cranked up the tunes on my iPhone and did a little jig around Westlake Center on our own. It wasn't what I was hoping it would be but that probably had more to do with my disappointment in not having the group I was expecting. Oh well. We walked, we danced, we dance walked.

But wait, there's more.


Accountabilibuddy and I are doing our own organized dance walk on Saturday, June 23rd at 1pm around Green Lake in Seattle. That's right. If you're in or near Seattle and want to join the fun, you should grab your mp3 player and headphones and head to Green Lake for the festivities. After we're done, I'm sure we'll want to crash a nearby bar and have ourselves a victory beer. If you can't make it to Seattle, do your own dance walking around your neighborhood. Try it!

I've also decided to make dance walking my June activity. Seattle is the most beautiful in June so it's the perfect time to get outside and just dance. I won't be posting a calendar of activities because it's unnecessary. It doesn't require any organization or coordination or scheduling or reservations. Just dance! Dance around Green Lake. Dance around West Lake Center. Dance around Pike Place Market. Dance at Myrtle Edwards Park. Dance through Belltown. Who cares when. Who cares where.

Just Dance!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...