In my last post which happened to be almost a month ago, I mentioned a hint of a master plan. Instead of sulking in my mashed potatoes when I clearly wanted au gratin, I made the decision to make the best out of the mushy situation.
The situation (no, not the douche from Jersey Shore):
- I am not selling my house and moving to the city this year.
- I now have the gift of time.
- I'm still overweight.
- I still have not written the great novel of this century.
I'm in a wedding in September which I would very much like to not feel like a fat cow in a strapless dress mooing as I walk down the isle (you know....like the moo cow toys).
My mission then is to lose 27lbs in 27 weeks. But how?
- 1,400 calories per day
- 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat
- Drink lots of water
- Take vitamin D every day
- Clean eating. Check out http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/
- Exercise 5 days per week.
- Sleep 8 hours per night
- Journal every day
- I made a very lazy attempt at participating in the NANOWRIMO challenge last fall and did not follow through with it. Lame, I know. I still have the (I don't even know what to call it) word doc I created for NANOWRIMO in the state it was left in when I gave up on the challenge. It may just be time to dust it off and start writing in it again. Yes?
- Now that spring is almost here, the geniuses over there in nanowrimo land came up with a challenge for this time of year. It's the SCRIPT FRENZY challenge and I just have to do it.
- I recently discovered an amazing resource right here in my home town. It's the Pacific Northwest Writer's Association (PNWA). I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this resource. Perhaps I will find myself attending the next meeting to give it a once over before I decide to join?
- My favorite lady writer Suzette Standring is also working the radio circuit on BellaPetite to discuss her new book The Height of Power: Petite Women Speak of Stature. I'll be keeping one eye and one ear on her over the coming months for greatly needed and appreciated inspiration.