Friday, October 23, 2009

Golf and Stuff

The weather around here has been horrible lately.

Rain rain rain and more rain. Every day, I've had my clubs in my car waiting for an opportunity to head to my favorite course down the street from my house and every day my intensions are shunned by the rain. So instead, I decided to share with you some of golf swag by way of pictoral.

This hat is the best hat ever. It was my father-in-law's. Then he gave it to Hubby. And guess who stole it. Hehehe. ME! But doesn't it look so cute on me?

This one is another newspaper boy style hat but a hip girl version. I've had it forever and wear it on the course in the summer. I have a great kahki skirt and my black/white Nike golf shoes that it looks great with.

This was all the crap I got from the EWGA spring social this year. Don't ya just love show bags? I do.

Some more of my lovely golf hats. The blue on the left with the sticker was one I won at a tournament last year, actually so is the Titleist. Gotta love high handicaps. I got the Canada hat in, hmmmm....where was I? Oh, Canada. Three day weekend fun in Canada which concluded with a rainy round and all I have to show for it is this hat.

When I'm not wearing one of my newspaper boy hats, I'm wearing one of these. Black is my thing, leave it alone.

Gotta love those Mariners. The little thing next to it is a golf ball shaped chapstick container. It was a stocking stuffer last Christmas from my wonderful in-laws.
Close-up. Aint it cute?
Here's another silly stocking stuffer. If you can't tell from the picture, it's a golf club lighter. Don't believe me?

See....I told you!
Now this is the joy of all golf swag joys. Yup, it's a golf themed tea pot. This was another gift from the in-laws. Actually, my mom-in-law made it very clear that it was dad that hunted this beauty down and sent off for it.
And the other side. I don't care what you people think. I love it! I just wish I had the cups to match. :)
A couple golf books for you. This one is cute. It's just got some basic common sense kind of suggestions in it.
As far as I'm concerned, this is the bible of golf books. I struggled so much before reading this book and Ben cleared it all up for me. Thanks Ben, you're the greatest.
And this is a cute book too. Not necessarily going to help anyone with their technique or anything but it's mildly entertaining. It was also a gift.
How about some movies? Golf movies anyone?
Can't beat Tin Cup. Normally I think Kevin Costner is a douche but this role fits him perfectly. You have to love the golf poem. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have to watch the movie just for the poem.
I love love love this movie. Pre transformers star and he's awesome. The only thing about it that just irritates the crap out of me is his dad's hiddeous French accent. Ew! He makes French sound ugly.
Need I say anything?
Hail the king of all golf movies. Bow to the king!
I found this in a discount bin somewhere obscure, I can't remember where. The story of Bobby Jones. Mildly entertaining but wasn't in the box office for a reason.
Great movie, if you like dramas.
I hope someone is getting to enjoy the fairways and greens because I'm not. :(
Maybe I'll go play in the rain and wind anyway. Hey, it can be fun. Don't forget the flask of Jamison.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...